The good thing about hair colouring is that you can choose from a wide range of hues in one colour. Whether you want light tones as opposed to dark or vice-versa, the options are endless. Your skin colour greatly determines how your hair colour will turn out. Our genetics are different to a certain degree, and consequently, the colours of our hair are influenced. Based on genetics along with the mix of generations in a family line, the hair colour of an individual will take form accordingly.
When it comes to hair treatments, people usually like to try new things out. Many will experiment with several hair colouring techniques. For example, combining highlights with lowlights, going brunette and then using some highlights, and so on. Deciding on a hair colour that is best for your skin tone or eye colour will help you in finding the right one, ultimately avoiding any hair disaster.
To pick a hair colour that best suits you, then you should make use of your skin tone as your deciding factor. There are some skin colours that do not look good with certain hair colours as they appear to be unflattering. Light has an important role in influencing the shades of colour, in which the skin provides the background to accentuate it. Before you select what really works for you, visit rakis.com.au for a hair colouring appointment and get a professional advice on which hair colours are most suitable.
Hair Colouring Basics
Hair colour generally comes in three types, which are the temporary, semi-permanent and permanent. The temporary hair colour usually lasts only for a couple of days. Semi-permanent colour is mainly used for highlighting hair, while permanent hair colour changes the hair pigment and thus can last longer. In case you are selecting the ideal hair colour to change your gray hair into a natural shade, then opt for a permanent colour as it stays for a longer period. Certain colours are especially made to cover and colour gray hair.
Tips in Choosing the Best Hair Colour Treatment
One of the simplest advices is to follow is that the colour of the hair has to be a shade darker than the colour of the skin. The following are some hair colouring ideas, according to your skin tone:
- Fair Coloured Skin – Almost all colours work well with this type of complexion. Try to avoid choosing red hair colour if you have a pinkish skin tone. Also, those with yellow skin colour should not opt for golden or orange hair tone. Golden, caramel hues will look perfect.
- Medium Coloured Skin – Mahogany, ash brown, golden brown, honey or chestnut coloured hair will suit best those medium coloured skins such as brown.
- Dark Coloured Skin – For someone with a dark complexion, you can go for burgundy, dark brown or black hair colour. These hair tones will also go well with an olive complexion.
If you are interested in colouring your hair for fun, then go ahead. The options are plenty, and you can play with as many as possible with all the selection of shades available. A good hair colour treatment can help add character, shine and style to your hairstyle. However, if you are not that experimental and are searching for the perfect colour for your hair, you will want to inform yourself about the hair colouring basics. This would only avoid some frustrations and hassles.
- A vital thing to keep in mind is to not use a hair colour by merely referring to a photograph. It is best to talk to the hair stylist at the salon to check whether the colour will actually complement with your skin colour.
- Do not apply extremely dark or light colour than your natural skin complexion, as it can give you quite an unpleasant look. For this reason, the blond hair colour is not suitable for most people.
- Make sure to use only high quality hair colouring treatment products. Do not opt for cheaper versions as they could be harmful to your hair. This is also applicable to hair colour maintenance products and solutions.
- It is always much better to choose your own natural hair colour for your skin colour. By doing so, you will not wind up spending a great deal of money for colour maintenance.
- It is not a good idea to change from two different hair tones as it can drastically damage your hair. You must also not colour your hair quite often.
Basically, it is really easy with regards to choosing the ideal hair colour. The best hair colour treatment can make you look radiant and boost your spirits too. However, if you are a beginner at hair colouring, it is recommended that you get the job done from a well-known hairstylist. Even though it may prove to be a bit expensive, you can certainly avoid disasters that may happen if you attempt it in your own home.